I wrote an earlier version of this autobiographical bow-down to Pixies’ immortal Surfer Rosa in 2003 for Morphizm and PopMatters, when news of the tumultuous band’s longshot reunion started to bubble up. I covered that momentous convergence for Salon and AlterNet, and have since worked the Pixies beat for Wired and Rolling Stone.
But my early love letter to Surfer Rosa still holds true today. The bad news is that we are much older. The good news is that Surfer Rosa lives on forever.
PIXIES @ MORPHIZM:
- Salon: Black Francis: “I Feel Bad For People Just Starting Out Now”
- Rolling Stone: Pixies’ Frank Black Readies Tour With New Band Grand Duchy
- Wired: Best Album Art of All Time
- Wired: Pixies Celebrate Doolittle Anniversary With Full-Album Tour
- Wired: Pixies’ Powerful Doolittle Tour Blends Surreal Sonics, Visuals
- Wired: Minotaur Maps Pixies Massive Pop-Punk Influence
- Wired: Unboxing Pixies: Wired Peeks Inside Massive Minotaur
- Wired: Are You a Pixies Fan? Prove It and Win Signed Minotaur Box
- Wired: Top 5 Albums to Blast Into Space
- Wired: Blast Off With 10 Space-Rocking Astronaut Songs
- Wired: Does M. Night Shyamalan Have a Thing for Pixies?
- Morphizm: A Bit Awkward: The loudQUIETloud Interview
- Salon: Black Francis: “I Don’t Know That We Really Changed Anything”
- AlterNet: Wave of Adoration
- Morphizm: Happy Anniversary, Surfer Rosa!
- Morphizm: Review: The Purple Tape
- Morphizm: Frank Black, Live in Los Angeles
- Morphizm: The Breeders, Live in Los Angeles